Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Push Is A Win - What Happens In Vegas...

I spent this past weekend (Thursday-Monday) in Vegas, and I realized I'm getting old...  5 days in Vegas is way too many, as it always seems like I'm hurting on that fourth day.  However, now that I'm back home and recovered, I'm ready to go back already...  I'll allow it...


While there, we had some meals at Capital Grille, one of Emeril's restaraunts, and Bautista's.  We stayed at the Palazzo Thursday night (part of the Venetian), and then stayed with a buddy at the Hilton Grande Resort for the rest of the time, where obviously the price was right (aka free).  Most gambling was done at the Venetian and the Flamingo, with a few other places thrown in.  Blackjack is my game, though I tried my hand at craps as well, to disastrous results...  It got to the point where my one friend was betting the Don't Pass line against me each time I'd roll...  We also got to check out the Encore Beach Club on Saturday afternoon, and Drai's Friday night.  Multitudes of hot women, as expected.  We also had our draft for the WCOFF which went well, despite losing week one due to subpar performances by Michael Turner and Mike Sims-Walker.  We also played in a poker tournament (I lasted about 4 hours, until the second break, while my one friend was after about an hour).  All in all, I lost/spent less than expected for a 5 day trip, so it's a net victory.

Given my presence in Vegas without access to my computer (or more like without the inclination to use my computer), no picks will be posted from that week, though I think I was a little over .500 for the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment