Monday, August 9, 2010

Mad Men S4E3 Best Quotes ("The Good News") (Season 4, Episode 3)

No Roger this week, but great, great Lane-Joan and Lane-Don scenes tonight...  deciding what movie to go to, at the restaraunt, and back at Don's place...  Hilarious.  Don and Lane make a great drunken combo.  Also, the only good thing Greg's done is tell the donkey dick joke.  Don ripping off the sheets after Lane's exploits was also comical...  And Janine definately didn't go to Barnard...




Multiple Characters:
  • Joan:  Why is the door shut?   
    Sandra:  I don't like pipe smoke.  He's very inconsiderate.
    Joan:  Could you tell him I'm here?
    Sandra:  What is this regarding?
  • Joan:  Breast?  Thigh?
    Lane:  One of each.
  • Joan:  We can do it now.  No one knows why we're here anyway.
    Lane:  Because there's work to do.  And I understand that men are dizzy and powerless to refuse you, but consider me the incorruptible exception.  Fried chicken indeed...
  • Lane:  Don't go cry about it.
    Joan:  Excuse me!?!?
    Lane:  I said don't go cry about it.     
  • Stephanie:  I don't know where things go.
    Patty:  You can tell by looking.
    Stephanie:  She's never gotten over me flunking home ec...
  • Stephanie:  Why am I staying?
    Anna:  I wanted him to meet you.  And I know you've got grass.
  • Anna:  There are worse things.
    Don:  No there aren't.
  • Stephanie:  You're kidding me... It's pollution.
    Don:  So stop buying things.
    Stephanie:  Don't think that's not possible
  • Anna:  I'm sorry she broke your heart.
    Don:  I had it coming.
  • Stephanie:  That's OK, I'll hitch.
    Don:  You'll get picked up by some creep.
    Stephanie:  I guess this is safer.
  • Stephanie:  So are you married or divorced?
    Don:  Couldn't I just be single?
  • Stephanie:  Do you go on those dates, where you ask each other questions?
    Don:  It's a means to an end
    Stephanie:  But nobody knows what's wrong with themselves, and everyone can see it.
  • Don:  She means well... and she's family.
    Anna:  I wouldn't have picked her
  • Joan:  "Darling, I've been an ass.  Kisses- Lane?!?!"
    Lane:  What?
    Joan:  I am not your darling and I don't want your kisses.
    Lane:  What?
    Joan:  I thought American men were bad enough but none of them have ever so consistently made me feel like a helpless stupid little girl.
    Lane:  Calm down- I did sent you flowers, but I also sent flowers to my wife in London.  The sentiments were very different, I assure you
  • Joan:  Sandra, everyone makes mistakes, but the fact that you're the kind of person who cannot accept blame is egregious.
    Sandra:  I don't know what that means.
    Joan:  It means I can't believe I hired you.
  • Joan:  You're fired.  Pack up your things.  You'll be paid till the end of the year.
    Lane:  Those instructions, you understood.
  • Greg:  I want you to calm down.  For me, this is like, I don't know, filing some papers is for you. I do it all the time.
    Joan:  I don't do that anymore.  I have other people do that. 
  • Don:  We're going to the movies.
    Lane:  Do you think we should?
    Don:  Does Howdy Doody have a wooden dick?
  • Lane:  The Guns of August
    Don:  I hate guns.  And I hate August.
    Lane:  It's all over the rug.
    Don:  We'll have to smoke the dress.
    Lane:  I don't know that one.
  • Lane:  This movie's very good!
    Don:  You know what's going on here, don't you?  Handjobs.
    Lane:  Is that right?  What percentage, do you think?  HHYA WATCH KASA WATCH.  MONSTER!!!!
  • Don:  I've learned the hard way not to give advice in these situations.
    Lane:  You're supposed to tell me to get on a place.
    Don:  Is that what you want, or is that what people expect of you?
    Lane:  I want my beef!
  • Janine:  I love your apartment.  It's very manly.
    Don:  It came this way.  I think Norman Mailer shot a deer over there.
    Janine:  I love deer.
  • Janine:  Why don't you show me around?
    Lane:  I suppose I'm a bit curious myself.
    Don:  Not in there...
  • Lane:  What do I owe you for the evening?
    Don:  Don't worry about it.
    Lane:  I should pay.  The girl...  how much was she?
    Don:  25 dollars.
    Lane:  It's fascinating.  Here's $30
 

Don:

  • Don:  I don't think she'll ever understand.
  • Don:  I could tell the minute she saw who I really was she never wanted to look at me again.  Which is why I never told her.
  • Don:  It sounds like she's inviting us to a very beautiful place...
  • Don:  You're so beautiful... and young.
  • Don:  Some quacks out in San Pedro?!?
  • Don:  You don't need a UFO to know that.


Joan:

  • Joan:  All this time I've been afraid to skip one but it could take a month?!?
  • Joan:  Well, you know I've had a couple of procedures.  I just wanna make sure they won't affect anything.
  • Joan:  Then get one of the Jewish docs to do it- you worked on their holiday.
  • Joan:  Isn't there some medical ethics law against operating on your wife?
  • Joan:  Allright, gentleman.  Shall we begin 1965?

Harry:

  • Harry:  Somebody's always running out of gas. I think you know who.
 
Peggy:

  • Peggy:  It's so encouraging to see someone happily married around here.
Lane:

  • Lane:  I'm happy when I'm working.  I'm sure another day and a half's work won't come close to the amount of fiddling about you did in Los Angeles this year.
  • Lane:  Why don't you go home and ask him how he would feel about some nurse asking for a holiday immediately following a holiday?
  • Lane:  Sandy, did it ever occur to you how sensitive these deliveries were?  How often do I send flowers?
  • Lane:  I have a sandwich in the regrigerator.  It's very large.
  • Lane:  He's one of those alcoholics who thinks he's connecting.
  • Lane:  Although things are precarious financially, it's been a magnificent year.
  • Lane:  You remind me of a chap I knew at school.  We followed him around in a pack, and he didn't notice we were there.  He died in a motorcycle crash.
  • Lane:  Rebecca convinced me you were all on holiday together.  Without me...
  • Lane:  My wife is quite severe with people.  Including me...
  • Lane:  And then we had a rather solemn phone call in which she told me that she was not returning.  Then she put my son on the phone.
  • Lane:  What?  Not hungry for this beautiful piece of American meat?  I've got a big Texas belt buckle.  YEEEEHAAAHHHH!!!
  • Lane:  We're not homosexuals.  We're divorced!
  • Lane:  I'm terribly thirsty.
  • Lane:  Thank you for the... welcome distraction.

Greg:

  • Greg:  The nurses spend five minutes trying to get this girl's contact lenses out.  She was screaming.  Turns out here friend was the one with the contact lenses.   
  • Greg:  I can't fix anything else, but I can fix this.

Joan's Gynocologist:
  • JG:  Why don't you join him for basic training?  It would boost the men's morale.
  • JG:  You've been married two years, Joan.  Most men don't wait. 
Allison:
  • Allison:  Don't worry, I'm hear til the bitter end.
Anna:

  • Anna:  Here's the lesson- don't fry eggs in bare feet.
  • Anna:  I don't know.  Once it stopped smelling, I kinda forgot about it.
  • Anna:  If I had rolled over on this, I would have had to smoke the dress.
  • Anna:  There's all kinds of aircraft out here, you know.  If we stay up tonight and we get lucky, you'll see something you remember.
  • Anna:  I'm not gonna fight watching Dick Whitman paint my living room in his shorts.
  • Anna:  I know everything about you, and I still ove you.
  • Anna:  Aculpulco- you think there's more Mexicans here or there?
  • Anna:  I started thinking of everything I was sure was true, and how flimsy it all might be.

Stephanie:
  • Stephanie:  A self-made man.  What's it like taking off your suit and going back into the wild?
  • Stephanie:  I'll say this in terms you'll understand- I will be right back after this brief message from Jan and Dean.
  • Stephanie:  I don't know how you ever danced to this.
Comic:
  • Comic:  I'm thinking my mother got suspicous and called the fuzz.  "We know you're practicing self-abuse.  Please come out with your hand up!"
  • Comic:  I guess I was wrong- you're not queers, you're rich.
Patty:
  • Patty:  What the hell's going on?  You're going to get arrested! 
  • Patty:  You just can't keep your pants on, can you? 
  • Patty:  You're just a man, in a room, with a checkbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment